Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Calling down the thunder

Twenty-five is a nice round number, so I gave considerable thought to exactly what type of mix I should throw together to celebrate it. I've been dabbling a lot lately with the downtempo thing (where my heart and soul truly lie), yet I thought something more exciting might be appropriate. Fortunately, I stumbled across two very strong drum and bass tracks and this got my head on straight. The first: Seba's floating and beautiful "Blaze And Fade Out", which I came across during a MySpace visit. The second: Noisia's remix of "Painkiller" by The Freestylers, which ended up in my lap thanks to another mix I'd been listening to off a German dnb site.

I get around.

Anyway, the frenetic beats, cavernous bass rumbles, and wild intensity of drum and bass proved entirely too much to resist and here are the results: DJ Abstract 25: Miasma Mix. This is a gloriously punishing mix, easing in slowly and then dropping the hammer emphatically with amen breaks and techstep assaults galore. Hang on for this one and enjoy the ride.

01 Seba - Blaze And Fade Out
02 Calyx - Get Myself To You
03 Freestylers - Painkiller (Noisia Remix)
04 Visage - Fade To Grey (Noisia Remix)
05 The Upbeats - Monsta Mash
06 Shimon And Sparfunk - In The Shine
07 Cause4Concern - Dub Funk
08 Black Sun Empire - B'Negative (SKC & Chris.Su Remix)
09 Panacea - Panik Orchestra
10 Unknown Error - Fear No Evil
11 Rregula - Shit's Dope
12 Nocturnal - 3rd Rail
13 Rawthang - Scorned



You can revel in the cacophony by clicking here or head on over to the DJ Abstract website to check it out along with a bunch of my other audio main dishes. Take a hot bath in audio!

Sold a quart of blood and bought a half a pint of:

Various - DJ Abstract 25: Miasma Mix
(bone rattling, gut rumbling goodness)

Tom Waits - Bad News Out Of A Pretty Mouth
(forty of my faves)

Daft Punk - Homework
(bring the funk back to the punk)

Lee Scratch Perry - Secret Laboratory
(dub organizer supreme)

Jesu - Why Are We Not Perfect
(because we are no longer Godflesh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home