Friday, April 08, 2005

Dealing with disappointment

It's no secret that I'm a fan of DJ? Acucrack. I think their album The Dope King simply slams. So, in my fervor, I picked up a bunch of their back catalog. Two of the discs arrived yesterday and I've been checking them out today.

Not so good.

Don't get me wrong. They don't suck. We're not entering Top-40-swill territory. They aren't, however, that unusual. Pretty straightforward stuff with no real character. There's one track that's caught my attention, but for the most part, it's beige wallpaper. Hopefully the other discs I ordered will be different.

Alas.

Right about now:

DJ? Acucrack - The Mutants Are Coming... And I Believe They Are Of Sound
("Re-kicked And Re-Mastered" version of Mutants Of Sound, which hopefully will be better than this)

DJ? Acucrack - So To Speak
(an EP of stuff they did with Toni Halliday of Curve; some decent remixes here)

Frazier Chorus - Ray
(gloriously twisted synthpop from the ancient days of 1991)

The Nefilim - Zoon
(prog-death-metal goodness)

Neotropic - 15 Levels Of Magnification
(on the downtempo tip)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home