Monday, September 26, 2005

Fervor? For sports?!?!

I'm not a huge fan of organized sports. I'm not one of those fellows who take every opportunity to plonk down in front of the television to watch The Big Game. And yet this is the second blog entry in a row regarding the Yankees.

It's just been exciting.

In past years, reaching the post season has always been kind of a non-issue. The rules of baseball simply dictated that the Yanks make the playoffs; kind of written in stone. And yet this year, things are far from guaranteed. There are only six games left and we are DEAD TIED with the Sux. Meanwhile, the rest of AL is making the wildcard race very interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever cared about the results of as many different games as I have in the last couple of days. Each victory or loss bodes well for the Yankees or is a harbinger of doom.

I am really looking forward to our last three games against Boston. I may actually watch all of them. What a concept!

I wonder if there really are people who constantly feel like this about sports? I’d image it would be fairly life absorbing…

Today’s 7th inning stretch themes:

Rasputina - My Fever Broke/Lost And Found
(two great EPs, including a fabulous cover of "Tourniquet" and "Wish You Were Here")

Cranes - Particles & Waves
(icier and colder than anything I've every heard by them)

Halo - Guattari (From The West Flows Grey Ash And Pestilence)
(doomy sludge metal from Australia)

Sofa Surfers - See The Light
(on the down tempo dub tip)

Nasum - Human 2.0
(more neck snapping grindcore; it makes me happy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home