Monday, September 12, 2005

Party all the time

I had the priviledge of spinning Bianca's birthday party on Saturday. What a shindig! Much good music and not just from me! Derek spent some time behind the decks, as did the birthday girl her bad self. We covered quite an amazing realm of tunes, from gothic/industrial (always wondered why those two are always paired together) to drum and bass and breakcore to electroclash and hiphop to dub and downtempo (not to mention techno, house, and a bunch of other stuff). Much fun. I got home about 5am on Sunday, completely wiped.

I've been burning the candle at both ends a lot lately. While I'm having a great time, I'm starting to feel like my body is falling apart. My legs are still recovering from Enduser, my mind is still recovering from Merzbow, and there's no end in sight. While this week appears to be fairly mellow, The White Stripes, T.Raumschiere, Dead Can Dance and a bunch of smaller shows loom on the horizon.

It's good to be me. Just tiring.

Keeping me awake and functioning:

Various - Wrecking Ball 9/4/2005
(Edgey and Enduser rip the top of your head off and look inside)

Marilyn Manson - Smells Like Children
(spooky spooky spooky)

Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
(Brian taps the Bowie vein in a big way)

Soundmurder - MP3 Compilation
(drop dem when de bad sound come)

Souns - Lights
(deep, mellow ambiences)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

T.Raumschiere. when is that again? i really want to go BUT it turns out that my boss is stuck in africa! so i don't go back to work until Wednesday.

::pout::

much love!

b. anca

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home