Tuesday, April 11, 2006

World coming down

I'd be the first to say that 2005 was not a great year. Almost everyone I know had something horrible happen to them or their family, be it a death (or deaths), bad accident, whatever. It was my sincere hope that 2006 would be a vast improvement. I was filled with a real sense of hope and renewal on New Year's Day, as stupid as that sounds (given that our system of dates is, after all, arbitrary).

Seems my hope was truly misplaced.

The last few weeks have been amongst the most demoralizing I've had in quite some time. We discovered that my stepfather's cancer is much more aggressive than we were lead to believe. The doctors are saying he won't survive for more than a few more weeks. My mother then took a spill down the steps, breaking her arm and a couple of ribs, as well as dislocating her elbow. It's bad enough that she is going to need surgery and is going to be in physical therapy for at least 6 months.

My sister and I had decided that we needed to get Mom and Skip out of the house and into some sort of assisted living situation. However, with Skip's impending death, it's more become a good deal more complicated.

It seems every time I feel I've taken a step forward in things, I either end up where I started or even further back.

It's frustrating and depressing.

I don't know what to do; I feel powerless and that sucks. My mind tells me I just have to sit back and let things unfold as they have to. However, my heart aches every time I think about it.

In hopes of knocking me out:

Various - Terry's Cafe 8
(gliding to the house rhythms)

Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters & In God We Trust, Inc.
(get the bellow from Jello)

Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked
(would that we could)

Daft Punk - Homework
(them wacky Frechies)

Hardfloor - TB Resuscitation
(them wacky Germans)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home