Monday, June 27, 2005

Muggy to misty

Those of you who live in the New York area will know what I'm talking about when I say sweltering heat. I left the house a grand total of twice this weekend, choosing instead to stay inside and out of the soup Mother Nature was calling air. Unfortunately, my fan finally gave up the ghost, so I was forced to turn on the AC (for the first time in 2 years).

I did, however, manage to have a lovely weekend. Took in some CSI: Miami and more Family Guy thanks to the beauty that is Netflix. Also worked on some music stuff (seems I'm going to enter yet another AcidPlanet remix contest). Traded some emails back and forth with Wink from Austere and got some really good ideas from him regarding how to get my Machine Tribe Recordings stuff out into the world.

But even with all this, I still found myself with nothing to do Sunday afternoon. Then inspiration came up and smacked me in the back of the head.

New spin mix.

This one was tough. I started out with one song and had a hell of a time figuring out how to transition to other stuff. In the end, I dumped the opener ("Luetin" by Underworld; a good track, but couldn't think of a decent way out of it) and started from scratch. All was proceeding well, but I got hung up again on the second to last song. I'm talking really hung up. Tooking me close to half an hour to get it right.

But here at last is the fruit of my labors: DJ Abstract's Mist Mix 7

01 Opus III - Dreaming Of Now
02 William Orbit - Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten Remix)
03 Meat Beat Manifesto - Papa Brittle/Status Quo (Westminster Dub)
04 Underworld - Cowgirl
05 DJ? Acucrack - Nation State (2K Vocal Remix)
06 CJ Bolland - Obsidion
07 Bypass Unit - Helium
08 L.S.G. - Netherworld (Banco De Gaia Remix)
09 Flunk - Blue Monday



All that being said, though, I'm still not completely satisfied with this. I'm listening to it right now and some of the mixing is not up to code (as it were). I think I may rerecord it tonight.

After I buy a new fan...

Music to keep me from melting:

Various - DJ Abstract's Mist Mix 7
(more mixey for Jerry)

Underworld - Beaucoup Fish
("Jumbo" continues to be an all time fave)

Strategy - Drumsolo's Delight
(nifty neodub)

Bonechurch - Burning, Drifting
(some of my first experiments in really dark ambient)

Abstract Audio Systems - SomeNothing
(the freshman release from AAS)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home