Sunday, September 04, 2005

Further signs of the apocalypse

Hot on the heels of Katrina comes another disaster for this country: the death of Chief Justice William Rehnquist. Now President Bush will have the ability to nominate not one, but two Supreme Court justices. Additionally, he can elevate a current associate justice to Chief Justice; Scalia, no doubt (he has seniority and Thomas has always been a lapdog anyway). There has been talk that Dumbya might ask Justice O'Connor to stay on as Chief Justice, but who are we kidding? You know that GW is just gleefully rubbing his hands together at the thought of stacking the court with right wingers. Never since it's inception has Rowe vs. Wade been in such a precarious position. Likewise our civil rights. It chills my blood to think of the possible changes in the country over the next couple of years. Batten down the hatches, everybody, and get prepped to go back to the 50s.

In other news, it seems that my plans for dating have been derailed. Disappointing, but manageable. I've been single for so long now that it's not a huge priority. After all, I'm really happy with my life. My music stuff continues to go well, I'm enjoying my job, and I'm busy as hell socially. I feel like I'm in a position where I can truly say, "Yes, having someone in my life would be great, but it's not a necessity." I'm not looking for anybody to complete me, as I feel complete. Everything I want, I pretty much have. The things I wish I had but don't are either not of any real importance or are suitably long term goals that are in the works (more musical success, perhaps owning my home, etc). In all, life is cool.

At least until George Bush brings about the end of the world.

Thumping from Planet Ben FM:

Enduser - Enduser On Breezeblock
(lovely MP3 of Da Man on a British radio show; seeing him tonight! aw yeah!)

Charles Mingus - Mingus Dynasty
(the madman genius on the bass)

Rammstein - Sehnsucht
(I don't Hast these guys in the least)

Ministry - Twitch
(Al - eurofaggy pop + Adrian Sherwood = their first good album)

Public Enemy - Yo! Bum Rush The Show
(you gotta fight for what you know)

1 Comments:

Blogger Contrarian said...

You should read Micahel Moore's letter to Bush abot Katrina. It's hilarious, and on www.michaelmoore.com. I think you'll like it.

P.S. Jays rock!

Chaz out

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home