Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Stranded

So I'm working from home today thanks to the MTA and the Transit Workers' Union's continued efforts to make everybody miserable. I really don't know the exact arguments from both sides, but I figure they should just give each of the lead guys a sword and lock them in a room. Two men enter, one man leaves; then we find out who run Bartertown.

I guess I'll be walking across the Brooklyn Bridge tomorrow (along with Mayor Mike) to catch the PATH, which is blessedly still running. Off to the New Jersey office. The unfortunate thing is that work is really light now (for a change), so I'll be putting considerable effort into getting across the river(s) only to spend most of the day waiting for something to do, I suspect.

Alas.

What is more disappointing and disconcerting is that I've got some fun plans this week which may be (and in some cases have already been) nixed. For example, I was supposed to see Danny tonight and give him his Xmas present (mmmmm... tasty 1996 Chateauneuf-Du-Pape), but his got to schlep back to Long Island. Getting here would be a challenge.

Again, alas.

Still, perhaps our two whiny baby groups will come to terms before the week is out. And let the rest of us get on with our lives...

The sounds of solace:

Prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation
(because I do indeed have the poison)

Method Man And Redman - Blackout!
(the Funk Doc and Methical light da skunk)

Slotek - 7
(molasses in January)

Shizuo - Shizuo Vs. Shizor
(because ATR are a bunch of pussies)

The White Stripes - Elephant
(take your seven nations and shove 'em)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home