Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Out upon a limb

OK. After a week's silence I have returned. And with good news, no less. Thanks to the simply unrivaled networking skills of Bianca, I have landed a gig this Saturday. Should be a lot of fun and a bit of a challenge for me, since I'll be spinning...

punk and metal.

Yes, folks, I'll be lording over Lucky 13 in Brooklyn this Saturday night and spinning a genre I've never really done before. Sure, I've got tons of hardedge stuff, but this will be the first time I'll be throwing those kinds of tunes together in public. I'm psyched and a bit nervous, especially since a lot of the stuff I have (and love) is fairly obscure. To remedy this, I'm going on a music shopping spree either tonight or tomorrow. Lots of old metal: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc. Stuff I've always wanted to have but never had a serious reason to buy.

Halford says: "DJ Abstract rocks."


So, if you're in the mood to get your headbang on and you're fortunate enough to live in the New York area, stop by Lucky 13 and soak up some tunes, courtesy of your's truly.

Fist in the air, proud to be black:

The Sisters Of Mercy - Floodland
(also simply unrivaled)

Opeth - Blackwater Park
(imagine if Extreme had balls and was any good)

Bad Brains - Bad Brains
(when you need your pay to cum)

Enduser - The End
(mash master teams up with The Panacea, Datach'i, Submerged, and R. Devine)

The Beastie Boys - Bits Of The Boroughs
(selected tracks from Mike F)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home