Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Toastie

I certainly don't visit my father down in Florida as often as I should. However, I was down there over the weekend and I have to say, it was quite a blessing; an escape from the craziness up here. Lots of beach time (as evidenced by my lobster-like skin sheen), lots of good food, lots of good wine. I had a wonderful time and was somewhat reluctant to catch that big ol' jet airliner and come back. This being said, it does appear that Skip has stabilized to a certain degree and appears to be a bit more comfortable than before, so that was good news to receive upon my return.

On the job front, Merrill wants to hire right now. They say they're willing to wait until things wrap up here, but how long that is going to be remains to be seen. At present, it looks like June 1st, but that may slip a bit further, depending on how quickly they can get my replacement in and how long it takes me to train the new employee up. I'm meeting with the Merrill folks tomorrow, so hopefully I can give them a bit more information to work with.

So, all said, I'm feeling a good deal less stressed about things in general, which is a hell of a nice change from what's been miserable business as usual.

Casbah-rockin' beats:

Junkie XL - Radio JXL: A Broadcast From the Computer Hell Cabin
(two tasty techno turners)

Various - DJ Abstract 8: Black Eye Mix
(thunderous)

Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked
(primal punishment from ancient Egypt)

King Kooba - Indian Summer
(downtempo meets da funk)

Charlie Parker - Bird At St. Nick's
(brilliant musicianship; too bad about the lame sound quality)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home