Thursday, August 03, 2006

Well wicked

With all of the lovely drum and bass I've purchased lately, I've been itching to throw together a new mix. Unfortunately, I've been so very busy, both in and outside of work. My weekends have also been packed, slaving away in Philadelphia, having fun with Susan, or both. However, I found myself with a free moment yesterday after the gym and after a suitable recovery time (my trainer Jeff wiped the floor with me, as usual), I got down to business.

So without further ah-duh, I present to you DJ Abstract 16: The Acid Black Mix. This wicked slice of nasty is comprised primarily of drum and bass in its various forms (techstep, jungle, darkside, etc.) along with a smattering of breakcore. Here's the tracklisting.

01 Panacea - Power Of Darkness
02 DJ Throttler - Obey (RMX)
03 Konflict -Messiah
04 DJ? Acucrack - Recalx
05 Calyx - Are You Ready? (Hive & Gridlok Remix)
06 Enduser - Assasin
07 Black Sun Empire - Hideous (BSE & Noisia)
08 DJ Mumblz - Dirty Chores
09 USVA - Manatic
10 Fusebox - Rook
11 E-Sassin - Abduction
12 Noisia - The Distance



I have to say that I'm pretty proud of this one. The flow works well and my mixing felt right on. It's suitably nasty, yet it has some breathing space here and there and ends on a beautiful note with the Noisia track. If you'd like a copy, let me know and I'll throw you one.

Mixes like this make me wish I was DJing more. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time and effort to get your name out there. The effort I'm willing to put in; it's just the time that I don't have. But if you're looking for a decent DJ, please let me know. I'll spin pretty much whatever you want, from dance to downtempo. I've got a lot of stuff, as you can see here.

And I work cheap. ;-)

Sonic bread and butter:

Various - DJ Abstract 16: The Acid Black Mix
(churning bass and massive beats)

Hardfloor - Da Stuff 1
(get up out ya seat and worship the gods of acid)

Ice Cube - Lethal Injection
(if you're down for whatever)

Puracane - In Limbo: The Lost Puracane Sessions
(includes an amazing cover of "Fake Plastic Trees")

Charlie Parker - Complete Jazz At Massey Hall
(with Diz, Bud, Mingus, and Roach; aw yeah!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home