Friday, October 13, 2006

In praise of friends (again)

Once again, I have been remiss in my posting duties. Work has been extremely busy and I've either been too wiped out or too busy after work, so my little on-liner here suffers. Then again, not too many people care, as I can't imagine my audience is very big. Well, excuses and bitching aside...

Part of my early morning ritual before work is, of course, the selection of music for the day. I'm fortunate in that my job lets me listen to tunes while I'm working. This is a very good thing because, trust me, when there's a lot of shit to get done, nothing motivates like a nice healthy slice of death metal or wicked techstep. So I was engaging in said selection ritual this morning when I hit the "DJ" section of my collection. I pulled out a disc of my own as well as one by a Chicago buddy of mine, DJ Pauly.

I also stumbled across a disc I'd forgotten I had...

The mighty Bianca Alexis spins under the super sweet moniker of DJ TTFuk. She'd gifted me with one of her first demo mixes (which I surprisingly dubbed DJ TTFuk Mix 1) and I'd filed it away after several tasty listens. Well, I'm pleased I came across it again 'cause it's pumping in my ears right now.

While there's a tune I don't know (amazing, isn't it), I do know that the mix includes tracks by Audion, Peaches, La Tour ("People Are Still Having Sex", baby!), Erasure, Lords Of Acid, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, Sneaker Pimps, and, of course, Solar Quest's "Liquid Sky" (a beautifully cheesy and infinitely fun rave tune from the mid 90s that Bianca and I have a shared passion for; it's the key to heaven).

Great shit.

I don't know if Mighty B still has copies lying around, but if anybody wants one, I'll burn it for ya (with Bianca's permission, of course). Can't give you a complete track listing, but what the hell, it's mixed so nice it won't even matter, so suck it up, bitches. Here is a rough attempt, tho.

Lo Fidelity Allstars – Battle Flag
Audion – Titty Fuck
(don’t know this tune, but it vaguely sounds like DJ Assault)
The Knife – You Make Me Like Charity
Gold Chains & Sue Cie – Crowd Control
Deee-Lite - Runaway
Peaches – Hot Rod
La Tour – People Are Still Having Sex
Solar Quest – Liquid Sky
Erasure – Breath Of Life
Lords Of Acid – Rough Sex
Depeche Mode – Halo
Kraftwerk – Tour De France
Rah Band – Clouds Across The Moon (Remix)
Sneaker Pimps – 6 Underground

Going to pump YOU up:

Various - DJ TTFuk Mix 1
(the one and only dominator-ix)

Various - DJ Abstract 15: The Slipstream Mix
(and now for something completely different)

Various - DJ Pauly: Exit The Numark, Enter The Rane
(more on the mellow tip)

Various - DJ Rupture Mega Mix
(audio root canal; long, slow root canal...)

Abstract Audio Systems - The Gossamer EP
(catch another mellow vibe)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually could I get a copy? HA!

Subtonic tonight or Wolf and Lamb tomorrow?

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home