Monday, February 28, 2005

Imprisioned by corporate America

Arg.

They've just restricted access to external email here at work. This just sucks. Don't get me wrong. I don't spend all day writing emails to folks outside of work. It's just nice to drop a note to people now and again, as well as keep up with anything anyone is sending me that's not work related.

The reason behind the ban is apparently some kind of "regulatory issue". Businesses regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) are required to save electronic mail and instant messages for a minimum of three years. Since outside mail can't be saved (sorry, Big Brother), they have to restrict access.

Did I mention this sucks?

I suppose I'll just have to start using my work email more, which I hate because it's Lotus Notes and Notes is perhaps the most pathetic excuse for an email client since smoke signals.

Boo hoo.

In other news, spent a good part of the weekend on Long Island with my friend Abbey and a bunch of her friends. Neat folk. Had a blast. Got no sleep, but had an amazing time. Also bowled a 170!

Who's the man?

Anyway, here I remain, electronically trapped in my ivory tower.

Damaging my hearing today:

Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
(yes, those guys again)

Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness
(everyone needs to hear "Tyrants"; the song just stomps)

abstract audio systems - gossamer
(mellow mellow mellow; some self worship goin' on here)

Cheers,
Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home