Thursday, April 14, 2005

Shelling Schilling

So we stuck it to the man with the bloody sock.

After holding the Yanks to two for six innings, Curt Schilling, 2004 Red Sux hero, collapsed. Juiceboy Jason and the ever reliable Bernie smacked him with a long ball a piece.

And all this in front of the Boston faithful.

That makes me smile.

my server must be down or sumpinmy server must be down or sumpin
DOH! 


Yes, I know this makes me sound like a petty, vindictive shit. But hey, I don't care, because the best part of my glee is that I'm not really serious. Half the fun of all of this is putting on the serious face while giggling your ass off on the inside.

Hell, I spend a good chunk of my life doing that about most things.

That's not to say that I don't have true convictions. On the contrary. If there is something I'm completely serious about (politics, music, your mother... ok, maybe not the last one), you'll know it. The twinkle in my eye will not be there. In fact, I may be rather grim.

But for the most part, there is too much serious shit going on in the world not to be serious-silly now and again. I did the angry-young-man thing when I was in my 20s. The main reason for this (and I suspect this holds true for most AYM, as well as AYW) is that I didn't really know what I believed in. Once I figured this out, it got a lot easier to be less serious. Sounds contradictory, no? Actually, it's not. I think that loudly proclaiming one's beliefs and being truly belligerent about them belies an underlying doubt in what one is ranting about. To quote the Bard, "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

My point is, if you truly believe what you believe, there's no need to be overly vociferous about it. The nice thing about being right is that you will always be right. Eventually you'll be vindicated.

All this from the Yanks beating up on Schilling? Wow. What did I have for breakfast?

Gliding to the sights and sounds of:

Koordinate Of Wonders - Koordinate Of Wonders
(beautifully icy glitch laptop techno from Belarus)

The Higher Intelligence Agency - Colourform
(ambient electronic with them thar tribal beats)

Various Artists - Mob Hits
(Louis Prima! Jerry Vale! Dean Martin! Fuggedabowdit...)

Bliss Blood - Different Faces
(Pain Teens goddess does the 1920s jazz)

Dropframe - The Rule Of Capture
(this stuff is just weird; like Skinny Puppy, but with LSD instead of heroin)

DJ Krush - Strictly Turntablized
(turntablism by one of the guys who invented it)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>Koordinate Of Wonders
>(beautifully icy glitch laptop techno from Russia)

It's Belarus, not Russia.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Noted and corrected. Thanks.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home