Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I'm a peer!

So after years of successfully dodging the system, I have finally gotten snagged and am part of a jury. It’s a medical malpractice suit and that’s all I’m allowed to say, under pain of death.

So far it hasn’t been too bad. My fellow jurors are all really nice people and we’re suffering through this together. We’re quite a Brooklyn collection, highlighting our borough’s racial, class, and career diversity. We’ve got a lawyer, a security guard, a musician, a housewife, etc., etc.; quite the slice of New York life.

I have to admit that I’m having a good time. The case is interesting and work has been slow lately, so it’s nice to have something to occupy my time. Plus the hours can’t be beat. We started at 9:30 this morning and were out by 3:15 this afternoon. Admittedly, this was the first day of testimony, so things will probably get longer. But it’s still beats the usual 8am to 6pm of my standard workday.

So that’s where I’ve been the last couple of days.

Now that I’m back home, I can listen to:

Enduser – Wreckin Shit EP
(break the core with the baddest dude in Cincinnati)

Altern8 – Infiltr-8 America
(some vintage techno with remixes by the one and only Joey Beltram)

Redman – Malpractice
(I have now completed my Funk Doc library)

Mick Harris – Hednod Sessions
(Scorn’s mastermind steps away and strips it down to the bleak beat)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home