Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Oh, just go away

So the Michael Jackson trial is finally over. Granted, I'll have to wade through several days of further coverage, but I'm hoping to have my news cycles back by the end of the week (or early next week at the worst).

I have to say that I wasn't entirely surprised that the Gloved One was acquitted. It sounded to me like the family bringing the charges was pretty shystee. The jury foreman himself said that this other case destroyed the mother's cred. Apparently she'd concocted some story about security guards at JC Penney messing with her son. Sounds like this kid gets around, no?

Still, there's no denying that Michael is pretty... off the wall (jokes 'n' jokes 'n' jokes).

At this point, though, he's just pathetic. The shots of him coming to and from the court each day were downright scary. He's looking like he auditioned for a part in the next Brendan Frazier vs. the Egyptian Undead swillfest.

Jackson's career (at least here in the States) is completely in the toilet. I suspect he may flee the country and take up residence in Japan or some other land where the rabid worship of celebrity is even more pronounced than here in these United States.

In short, I think he's done.

As to whether or not he's a child molester... I've no idea. This guy is so completely in his own orbit that there's really no way to tell short of videotape. The jury obviously thought the kid in this most recent case was coached and Jackson's settlement with the previous accuser is hardly out of character for celebrities. In some cases, it's just easier to pay to make it go away.

If I was a parent, though, I wouldn't let my kids anywhere near this guy, child molester or not. I mean, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a weird guy, but there's weird and then there's WEIRD; I'm talking 'bout the kind of weird that you have to scrub off with a wire brush.

Still, part of me can't help but feel sorry for him.

At least when I'm wasting enough time to pay attention.

"More... brains...."


Michael Jackson has never heard of:

Nitzer Ebb - That Total Age
(Doug and Bon play in that violent playground)

Tom Waits - Night On Earth
(Jarmusch and Waits? Oh God, can I borrow a towel?)

Radiohead - Amnesiac
("Like Spinning Plates"; best song... ever)

Terminal Sound System - The Unquiet Sun
(questing in the darkened spaces, ending up in scary places)

DJ Krush & Toshinori Kondo - Ki-Oku
(Krush pulls Kondo back from the ragged edge of free jazz insanity)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home