Monday, June 13, 2005

Movin' on up (or not)

The fine folks at Princeton Information have landed me an interview for another job within JPMorganChase. I'll be presenting myself for their further consideration at 1PM today. The job would involve lots of RAD (Rapid Application Development) using Excel and Access VBA and my clients would be on the treasuries trading floor.

The problems are these:

One, I did VBA (Visual Basic For Applications) for a god's age and have since moved on to web programming in the last year or two, so this would be a bit of a step back career-wise, not to mention the fact that I LOVE web programming.

Two, this would be a trading floor job. That means in at 7AM and out around 3ish. Now, I've no problem getting into work at 7AM (I'm usually in by 8AM now as it is), but it means I'd have to stop going to my 630AM spin classes, which would suck. Need my weekly Jerry fix (he played “Fight The Power” in our class this morning; how cool is that?).

Three, trading floor jobs involve interacting with... traders. These folks tend to be psycho assholes, so that could be... not so good.

Well, we'll see how it goes. I may not land the job as it is, for while my technical skills are unassailable, I know nothing but the most basic concepts of treasuries. I’ve always said that though I’ve worked for investment banking firms for 10 years, I still don’t know a damned thing about investment banking.

It’s all just numbers to me.

So everybody hold their breath and wish me luck ‘round 1ish.

Using the following to focus my career chi:

Enduser - Run War
(head slammin’, body bangin’ breakcore bizness)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
(there is no modern romance)

Prince - Batman Motion Picture Soundtrack
(the Purple One provides the get down for the Bat)

Sunn O))) - The Grimm Robe Demos
(monolithic, black-as-fuck drone, bitches)

Various - Spintrax 7
(more vinyl transfers; this time it’s Submerged, Temulent, Meat Beat and more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home