Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Prayers for (not) rain

It is my sincere hope to be in Central Park this evening to catch the New York Philharmonic in all their esteemed glory. They'll be performing Wagner's Flying Dutchman Overture, Lalo's Symphonie Espagnole, and Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5. While I'm not familiar with the Lalo, I'm definitely looking forward to the Wagner (although a lot of people can't stand him) and the Tchaikovsky (who is universally well loved?).

However...

The skies here in the abysmal pit that is Jersey City are threatening and the kind folks at Weather.com are telling me that there's a 40% chance of rain tonight in Central Park. While I love classical music as much as the next guy, the idea of catching it in a torrential downpour holds less of an appeal.

So hopefully Mother Nature will see fit to allow me to get my orchestral on and, while we're not getting Maazel, I'm sure Zhang (the assistant conductor) will be worth the trip.



Definitely not in the Philharmonic's repertoire:

Opus III - Guru Mother
(trance your way into space)

LFO - Frequencies
(gotta have house)

Lush - Gala
(intense shoelace examination)

DJ Krush - Kakusei
(his kungfu is strong)

DJ? Acucrack - Sorted
(more for the four on the floor whore)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home