Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tick tock

So my official end date here at JPMorganChase is August 1st. Yep. Three weeks to find a new job.

It's been a strange experience. For the past three years or so, I've just been shifting from job to job within the firm, never coming close to running out of time. The extensions come without me having to even think about it. One almost forgets one is a consultant.

But all things come to an end.

I've spread my resume around and have had some bites off my Craigslist posting, but so far, there have been no fits. The problem is often knowledge based. My technical background is damned near unimpeachable, but these days employers can afford to be mad picky, insisting that you know the business side of things as well as the techie bits.

In short, I should go back to business school.

But I really don't want to.

I have had a promising bite from another group here at JPMC, but it's a question of how long the project will last (might just be a week or so; not really a help). Also, I'd be doing VBA programming again, which I enjoy but would not be my first choice of things to do. My heart lies with ASP and JavaScript nowadays.

I will, however, simply put myself in the kind hands of the Fates and hope for the best. In the meantime, if you're looking for an excellent web programmer, let me know.

One nice things about things being so light here right now is that I can do a lot of non-work related stuff, like these:

Building Castles Out Of Matchsticks
(a first stab at a site for a musical project from Anne Sulikowski, headhoncho of Worthy Records)

Averauschen
(a first stab at a site for my collaborative project with Princess Coldheart)

It's been fun futzing around with site design and builds, so I've been enjoying myself even when unemployment has begun to loom large.

Perhaps it's just time to simply realize my dreams of selling crack or stripping?

Will rock for food:

Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness
(gotta respect a band that makes their own weapons)

Onyx - Bacdafucup
(beware the madface invasion)

Electrostatic - Awake Alone
(poptech in its purest form)

Joseph Arthur - Come To Where I'm From
(heartbreak and joy for every girl and boy)

Austere - Eco
(who's up for a 79-minute blissout?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home