Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Helter Skelter

My morning commute will rob me of my will to live. Either that or it will finally bring me out of my shell and I'll become the mass murderer I've always wanted to be. I bring this up today because of a few simple facts of life.

1) The vast majority of people are selfish, thoughtless, and rude.
2) This selfishness, thoughtlessness, and rudeness is compounded during rush hour.
3) Rush hour in New York is worse than in most places.
4) Rush hour is worse when it's raining.

and

5) It's raining in New York today.

A lot.

Suffice to say there were several times this morning when I wanted to take the stylus of my PocketPC and start stabbing people in the eye. Either that or sell my soul for a fragmentation grenade.

Can't people see the correlation between making room for people to get OFF the train and their own ability to get ON the train? Jesus, these folks are morons. Add to that the wind and the downpour and it's no wonder I'm thinking of making Pol Pot look like a slacker.

I love New York City. I love living in New York City. It would be even better if it weren't for all the people.

I long for some future utopia where humans actually think before they act, pay attention to what's going on around them, and use logic to make things run more smoothly. Until then, I'll just have to keep my misanthropic tendencies in check.

Grrrrrrrr


Helping maintain my sunny demeanor:

Enduser - Calling The Vultures
(hiphop + breakcore = hipcore? breakhop?)

Danielle Dax - Blast The Human Flower
(I'd forgotten all about her until Bianca reminded me)

DHS - The House Of God
(I AM EXCITED...)

Mick Harris & Eraldo Bernocchi - Total Station
(bang clang crash boom bip)

Ice-T - The Iceberg
(freedom of speech... just watch what you say)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhahaha! next time you'll be listening to mephisto waltz!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home