Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Eulogy

Today marks the first anniversary of the death of my stepfather, Overton "Skip" Fleming. He and my mother met while I was in college, so he and I never had a father-son relationship. However, I will always value my memories of him. He was an amazing man who lived a very exciting life: veteran, former POW, race car driver, jazz lover (rabid fan of Miles), geneologist (he organized family reunions where several HUNDRED people would show up); the list goes on and on.

I remember times when he and I would get to talking, be it about politics, music, or any other number of topics; the rest of my family would often find us hours later, still chatting away.

A fantastic man.

He took care of my mother when she was ill and she in turn took care of him when he was diagnosed with cancer. He was caring, intelligent, and exciting to know.

I miss him very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home