Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Carnt sleep

I have to admit that it's a relatively recent development.

When I was younger, I used to sleep like a baby, but within the last 3 years or so, there are nights where the harsh horse of insomnia rides me from one end of sanity to the other. This morning was a good example, although that was more due to feeling ill as opposed to the usual reason:

My brain won't shut up.

This usually only happens once every couple of months. However, this morning was the second bout in under a week. Last week's was much worse, though, but a least I got to blame it on music...

I awoke at about 2am with "Falling Elevators" by MC 900 Ft Jesus in my head. Its hefty bass line and eerie trumpet riff got me thinking about stuff that might fit well and hence another fairly bizarre mix started churning around inside the old noggin. This one continues along the lines of the stuff I've been cranking out lately: diverse in a strange way, seemingly unfocused, but still flowing well.

With that massive caveat, may I present Fantasies, Fallacies, And Fever Dreams.

01 MC 900 Ft Jesus - Falling Elevators
02 Bauhaus - Departure
03 Tom Waits - 9th & Hennepin
04 Gil Scott-Heron - Message To The Messengers
05 The Clash - Sean Flynn
06 Laibach - Across The Universe
07 Yello - She's Got A Gun
08 Love And Rockets - The Teardrop Collector
09 John Parish And Polly Jean Harvey - Girl
10 Nine Inch Nails - Lights In The Sky
11 Dream Into Dust - Distant Horizon
12 King Crimson - I Talk To The Wind
13 Jesu - Plans That Fade
14 James Brown - King Heroin



If you're interested in taking a listen, by all means do so. Gotta say I've been enjoying it, but then again it's my baby, so I'm a bit biased.

Further sonic stumblings:

Scorn - Evanescance
(deep dark dub, Mick Harris style)

Yello - Stella
(oh yeah)

The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs
(wickedly polite ironies)

Godflesh - Hymns
(the JKFlesh rock record)

Miles David - Sketches Of Spain
(travel drawings with a muted brush)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home