Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A modicum of fame

I stumbled across a great website several months ago called Art Of The Mix. Wannabe DJs like me can post their mixes there for all to see. And while I haven't been able to get their "Upload Mix" link to work, I've been linking directly to my DJ Abstract site so that people can download my mixes. Anyway, I've posted a good amount of stuff, including Lilybies. Imagine my surprise when I headed to the site this morning and I was listed as The Mix Of The Week!

Booyah.

Seems "Guest Editor" g.a.b. likes it quite a bit:

A gorgeous lullaby composed & performed by the mixer.

This straddles the borderline between ''Sleep'' & ''Ambient'' and fits Brian Eno''s now famous definition of the Ambient genera to a tee: that a composition be at once be both Aural Wallpaper (background) OR take Center-Stage (the main attraction).

So take a break from the work-a-day Pop/Rock-n-Roll...and enjoy the drift.

Not to bad, eh?

Further down the sound:

Blackfilm - Blackfilm
(orchestral meets downtempo in creepy deliciousness)

Coldworker - Rotting Paradise
(rip off head, do bad things with it)

M|A|R|R|S - Pump Up The Volume
(to all my homeboys out in Bronx... this one's for you)

Saint Etienne - Foxbase Alpha
(hippy powers... activate!)

The Sisters Of Mercy - Some Girls Wander By Mistake
(Eldritch from the depths, as usual)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home