Thursday, March 03, 2005

Bound for the land of sun

So it's off to Florida tomorrow for a couple of days. It will be good to see Dad. This will be the first time I've seen him since his openheart about a month ago. Nice to get away from this damned New York weather, too. I've started to get that little scratch in the back of my throat that signals I'm getting sick. Hopefully I can dodge it. Amazing what a little warmth and sunshine will do.

I am so tired of winter. I realize that I live in New York City on purpose, so I should just shut up and suck it up. It's just so hard to stay positive when it's dark when you wake up and dark by the time you get home. Spring (my fave) and summer are so much easier to handle. Sunshine most of the time and warm breezes. Tasty.

Wow, do I sound like a pussy.

Sur les wheels de steel:

Enduser - From Zero
(breakcore headcrush party!)

Wynton Marsalis - The Midnight Blues
(had forgotten I had this; stumbled on it when listen to Massive Attack)

Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash At San Quentin
(continues to enthrall me)

Julee Cruise - Floating Into The Night
(David Lynch's lyrics set to Badalamenti's music; can you beat it?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home