Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I'm pissed

A little history.

Oregon's ambient masterminds Austere and I did a CD called evergone. They sent me samples and I subsequently arranged and manipulated these soundbits into tunes. I'm really proud of this album and everyone involved was pleased with the results.

So, I sell copies through my site and Austere sells copies through CDBaby. This German site apparently was put together by some chumps who simply plastered a new front end onto CDBaby and upped the prices. We sell our CDs for $10 US. This new site sells them for 11.99 Euro, or about $15 US.

I've sent them a note (as have the gents from Austere), but so far there's been no response. I've no idea what to do next. It's not like I can call Interpol and complain.

So, short of boycotting everything German (which would be stupid), don't by stuff from these fucks. In fact, go to their website and complain. Also tell everyone you know and have them complain, too. Maybe we can crush the site with bad traffic.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Relaxing me so I don't buy a gun and a ticket to Berlin:

The Moral Universe Within - The Moral Universe Within
(ambient noise from the good folks at Worthy Records)

Hex - The Gates Of Hell
(badass white dude from York, PA (!?!?!?) kickin' it about the joys of weed, murder and Satan; some funny shit)

Big Black - Rich Man's Eight Track Tape
(Steve Albini charged Nirvana millions to produce In Utero, then produced a Chicago garage band's CD for a case of beer; the guy just rules)

Dead Can Dance - A Passage In Time
(many of their best cuts on one CD; so sweet)

Ol' Dirty Bastard - Nigga Please
(R.I.P. Russell Jones)

Various - Louisiana Swamp Blues
(Guitar Slim, Clifton Chenier, AND Boo Zoo Chavis? Sign me up)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home