Sunday, March 13, 2005

Splintered in my head

Don't know what's going on, but woke up this morning feeling completely mental. I've been bouncing off the wall all day like I was hopped up on crystal or something (not that I'd actually know what's that like). Anyway, with this amount of boundless energy (which was not at all stiffled by an intense spin class this morning), several choices presented themselves.

a) Sit in front of the television and take in a movie. This might, however, result in self-immolation given how fucking hyper I am. So, option A is out.

b) More time at the gym. Problem is I did two spin classes yesterday (not to mention the one I did this morning), so I'm sore as well as hyper. Option B is therefore out.

c) Do something musical. Heheheheh. Option C it is.

So I threw together this INSANE mix, now entitled Headache Medicine. Completely all over the place. Very few people would like it (or get it).

I do.

I'm also going to toss a copy to Bianca because she's about as musically psychotic as I am and would appreciate this. For those of you who are interested, here's the tracklisting.

01 Sheep On Drugs - Motorbike
02 Revolting Cocks - Stainless Steel Providers
03 Cubanate - It
04 Nitzer Ebb - Control I'm Here
05 Front Line Assembly - Outcast
06 Enduser - Beatdown (Society Suckers Remix)
07 Ministry - Burning Inside
08 Dimmu Borgir - Allegiance
09 Shizuo - Emptiness
10 Hardfloor - Confuse
11 Enduser - East Side Breaks
12 Meat Beat Manifesto - Storm The Studio (DJ Swamp Mix)
13 DJ C - Billy Jungle
14 Smart E's - Apollo (Lunar Mix)
15 2 Live Crew - Hoochie Mama
16 Sheep On Drugs - Motorbike (Abstract's Fuckin Quik Mix)*

*I even did a REALLY quick remix of the Sheep On Drugs tune. Essential took the opening vocal sample and reversed it. Ain't I talented.



So no ear food listing today. These mix things tend to take all day.

Step 1: Do the mix while recording it in ProTools.
Step 2: Slice the individual tracks in ProTools.
Step 3: Dump the individual tracks from ProTools onto my hard drive.
Step 4: Convert the .wav files into .mp3 files.
Step 5: Burn the .mp3 files to CD.

Sounds like a lot of work, no?

Completely worth it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you mean, you people?

j/k

I'm also going to toss a copy to Bianca because she's about as musically psychotic as I am and would appreciate this.

ITS SO TRUE!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Where did I say "you people"? Who is this? Is this thing on? :)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home