Monday, March 21, 2005

Unplug me

So they finally went a did it. In a thinly veiled effort to bring the "right to life" debate to the fore of the American justice system, Dumbya signed over jurisdiction in the Terri Schiavo case to the feds. Not only did he do this, he framed it in incredibly slanted language: the bill "will allow federal courts to hear a claim by or on behalf of Terri Schiavo for violation of her rights." Nothing about the bill determining who is ultimately responsible for Schiavo (in my opinion, it should be her husband), but a blantant endorsement of her parents' position. Once again, Bush mixes his personal beliefs with his politics: "In cases like this one, where there are serious questions and substantial doubts, our society, our laws, and our courts should have a presumption in favor of life."

Let me say for the record, right now and for everyone to hear, if I am ever in Terri Schiavo's unfortunate position, unplug me. I have a living will (it's in my desk at home), but given current events, I'd like to make my wishes even more explicit.

The current political climate in the country continues to give me the willies. "Patriot" acts, interference in the judicial process, wars declared under false pretenses, ruinous ideas regarding Social Security, the list goes on and on. I only hope that the Democratic party manages to find someone electable for 2008. I'd agree that the differences between the Reppies and the Dems are getting less and less noticable, but liberals (i.e. the Dems) are still more on the side of the angels, IMHO.

Meanwhile, here's a turtle that apparently looks like Satan.
appears my server's down or sumpin'

"In the porches of my ears do pour these leperous distilments" (apologies to Will):

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
(rough, rugged and raw with RZA and crew)

Bauhaus - 1979-1983 Volumes 1 & 2
(still one of the creepiest bands on all time)

Lords Of Acid - Lust
(Darling, come here...)

Helmet - Meantime
(Page Hamilton uses your head for target practice)

James Brown - Funk Power (1970: A Brand New Thang)
(James and the JBs prove they're the undisputed, mighty fiends of funk)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home