Thursday, March 24, 2005

Is it just me?

I realize I've been spending a lot of time ranting about the Schiavo case, but this has really gotten under my skin. I'm just amazed by the inherent contradiction in the people that are so gungho for sticking that damn tube back in this poor woman. Most of these "supporters" are religiously motivated. Don't they realize that if not for human interference, Terri Schiavo would have died years ago. So much for the power of God. In a way, you could say that by supporting the artificial extension of this life, they are contravening God's wishes. After all, if these folks believe that God makes things happen for a reason, then surely they can see the logic in the fact that it might be God's will that she be dead. I simply find it infuriating that this extremely personal and tragic situation is being co-opted by people for all the wrong reasons.

As I ease off my high horse, I'd like to mention I've taken a couple of nifty shots with my camera phone. Quality is not so great, but I think the pics look kind of cool.

Taken in the lobby at BAM


The exciting mens' room at work


Emergency exit stairs


Wheel


Today's audio supplements:

Tweaker - The Attraction To All Things Uncertain
(post NIN Chris Vrenna lays down the beauty with the likes of David Sylvian and others)

Depeche Mode - Violator
(their masterpiece; icy and warm at the same time)

Fusebox - MP3 Compilations 1 & 2
(speedy jungle and dnb bashin')

Building Castles Out Of Matchsticks - It's Raining In My Bedroom
(amazing DIY electronics from Worthy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home