Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Like a ton of bricks

Well, Florida was excellent. Warm and relaxing. All around a good time. Got delayed in the Atlanta airport on the way back, which was pretty awful but survivable.

However...

I return to work with everything in a shambles. Why is it that whenever I go away (which is once in a blue moon), I return to chaos? And it's never something that I could have prevented. There's always some change outside of my control that throws the proverbial spanner in the works. Spent this morning cleaning up various messes and now things seem to be back on track.

Kind of.

However, there is a serious piece of bad news. I was pulled into another project about a month ago and their lead developer, my friend and colleague Vivek, had a death in the family while I was in Florida. Namely his father. What a year. Several people close to me have died and now the father of a friend of mine. 2005 is proving to be pretty brutal. Anyway, I may have to step up and fill in for Vivek while he is in India taking care of business. This could prove difficult, as my plate is suddenly very full.

When it rains, it pours.

I seem to be running around like a headless chicken, but I think I can get a handle on things. I hope Vivek is OK. Haven't heard from him (not surprising, given his current situation).

Alas, it looks like it going to be rough for a while. Will grin and bear.

Earwax removal duty:

The Acacia Strain - 3750
(pardon me while I rip your face off)

Freescha - Kids Fill The Floor
(pretty, quirky, electroblip glitch doodles)

Freescha - What's Come Inside Of You
(as above, but more funky and lowdown)

Chenard Walcker - The Lotus Opus
(cut and paste madness)

Enduser - Run War
(more juicy thump 'n' breaks from the Queen City)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home