Friday, May 13, 2005

Get well, Chappelle

Thanks to the devious and delightful machinations of Danny, I have over the last year or so become a devoted fan of Dave Chappelle. That being said I was saddened to hear that Dave has "checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa." (CNN) There's been speculation that drugs are somehow related. I hope not, but it's hardly unusual to hear about a comic abusing controlled substances. It would be a shame if the world lost another mad genius a la Belushi.



In the meantime, here is something that might give you a giggle.

Sorry for the short entry, but I'm trying to catch up from the days I missed due to jury duty. The case was settled yesterday afternoon, so I'm done. And somebody GOT PAID! Not too much, I hope, because I wasn't completely buying her story.

The jugband performing at the cotillion in my head today includes:

Mick Harris - Hednod Sessions
(two days of two discs of Mick)

Thievery Corporation - The Mirror Conspiracy
(have a lickle samba, have a lickle downtempo, have a lotta mellow)

Pantera - Reinventing The Steel
(more focused than Far Beyond Driven, but nowhere near as good)

Keane - Hopes And Fears
(thanks to kind Carleen from spin class for turning me on to this; like Coldplay, but not)

Boogie Down Productions - Edutainment
(The Teacher brings the messages to ya; some don't like this one, but they're stupid)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ben, why is that you can be so hillarious.

:P

10:05 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Genetics

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home