Thursday, July 14, 2005

My baby shot me down

Seems that the poor little girl who died in the Los Angeles shootout on Sunday was killed by a cop's bullet.

Let the media frenzy begin.

I'm anxious to see who steps up to the plate and attacks the LAPD first. I mean, it's not like the girl's father used her as a human shield.

Oh, wait.

He did.

This is why I'd never be a cop. No matter what the real circumstances in this situation, the LAPD is going to get grilled again. The department has had so much trouble in the past; they're definitely going to be presumed guilty. Sharpton, Jackson, and the rest will no doubt be arriving shortly to pick at the bones.

And why did the officers shoot Pena (and, collaterally, his daughter)?

Because he had a gun and he shot at them.

Thank you, NRA.

Bill of Rights, Amendment II: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

A guy waving a gun around while shielding himself with his 19-month-old daughter?

"Well regulated militia" indeed. Don't think the Founding Fathers had that in mind when they penned that ol' Constitution thang.

The U.S. spent $420.7 billion during FY2005 on "defense", but we're still fighting the War On Terror. Somehow I don't think some goon with a Glock 9mm is going to improve our chances, so our "militia" can stand down for the moment. And for those of you who cling to your 2nd Amendment:

"I need my gun to protect myself against a government that's infringing on my rights." First, if you fuck with the government that way, you'll get killed. Second, try voting.

"I need my gun to protect myself from criminals." Good luck with that. Chances are you'll shoot your kid when they're coming home late or they'll blow their own brains out by accident when they find your gun in the sock drawer. Nice.

"It's just my God given right." Yep. Jesus was a huge fan of firearms. Turn the other cheek, but then pull your gat and throw down. Son of God on the 187 tip, muthafucka.

Guess again.

I could spew all kinds of Bowling For Columbine stats and stuff, but it wouldn't make a difference in the end. A gun nut will always be a gun nut and a liberal pinko scumbag like me will always be a liberal pink scumbag.

But you can bet Lorena Lopez has no love for guns.

Various and sundry:

Various - DTS Volume 2
(that'd be my short hand for down tempo shit)

Various - Mighty Fist Of Funk
(another bizzaro world comp from the mangled mind of DJ Abstract)

Various - Elektronia II
(little bit o' this, little bit o' that)

Various - Lighted Apartment
(the sound of crickets writing glitch)

Various - Differing Dark Moods
(down with the doom from DJ Dubcrash)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home