Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Cruisin'

Well, I'm back.

It nearly killed me, but I managed to survive a whole week on a boat surrounded by drunken goths. Much fun was had, lemme tell ya (tho' I was sober the whole time; can you believe it?).

The only bump in the road (and it was sizeable) was the fact that my roommate snored like a chainsaw. So despite extra strong earplugs and two pillows on top of my head, I still only managed to snag about 8 hours sleep the whole week. Given my state of complete exhaustion, it's really no surprise that I caught the cruise plague that was going around the last couple of days. Yep. Got sick on the last day and spent last weekend (and most of yesterday) recovering. I've returned to the land of the living, but am still experiencing some subtle after effects. For instance, if I jump up and down really fast, I fall down...

I managed to get in about 2 and 1/2 hours of diving while down in the Bahamas. It was pretty good, although nowhere near as amazing as the Galapagos (no surprise there). Two of the three dives were pretty routine: float around, look at fish, chill out. The second dive I did, however, was in and around three wrecks. That was pretty cool. If you want to see pictures of me frolicking, check out a couple of shots. I especially like the ones of the lionfish and, of course, the one where I'm strikin' the b-boy stance...



Sonically disrupting all undersea life within a 2 mile radius:

At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
(only the dead are smiling)

CocoRosie - La Maison De Mon Reve
(these chicks should be on 4AD)

FC Kahuna - Machine Says Yes
(snagged this for a downtempo track, but the rest is pretty slammin')

Nitin Sawhney - Prophesy
(roots, dub, chill, rock; a menuful)

Various - DJ Abstract 12: The E.SP. Mix
(lil' sumpin' sumpin' I threw together for somebody; more on that later)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home