Monday, October 23, 2006

Rent me

I'm fortunate in that I have a fairly robust social life. I've got some really great friends and I hang with a cool lady a lot of the time these days. Most nights I'm out doing fun stuff and that fun stuff usually involves music.

Wouldn't it be nice if I could get paid for that?

I mention this because I spent some of the weekend updating the official DJ Abstract website. I've added a bunch of mixes (nine at present, with more on the way), as well as links to my various other musical projects. It's my hope to use the site as a way to get my name more in the whisper stream for DJ gigs and perhaps, hope against hope, soundtrack work.

I really miss being behind the decks 'cause I love to play music for people. There is nothing like somebody running up to the booth yelling, "What is this track? I gotsta get it!" Then again, sometimes they're just running up to make a request. That's why I keep a can of mace with me at all times.

(Just kidding. If you want me to play something, just ask; better yet, bring the CD with you.)

Anyway, if you know anybody who's looking for a DJ for their next party, send 'em here. I spin a ton of different styles (dance, downtempo, jazz, blues, straight up evil, etc.) and I have my own gear. The website also has a completely list of all the CDs I own, so you can check that out as well.

Hook a brotha up!

Me, in my natural habitat.

(no, I don't have a headache, just small earphones)

Sugarplums dancing in my head:

Various - DTS Volume 12
(glitchy downy chillout...y)

Boymerang - Balance Of The Force
(on the lighter side of drum and bass)

Various - Misc DB 3
(on the darker side of drum and bass)

Belphegor - Necrodaemon Terrorsathan
(peeling back your scalp and looking inside)

Madvillain - Madvillainy
(MF Doom, MF!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home