Thursday, April 10, 2008

Still stumblin

OK. So it's been over a month, in fact damned near two, since I've made an appearance here. No doubt that means I've lost what pitiful level of readership I may have already had and am now officially talking to myself. However, I'm in a writing kind of mood and have a couple of things to mention. So here's me being all throw-caution-to-the-windy.

First off, I have not been sitting around twiddling my thumbs. I've been slaving my butt off at work, but have still managed to compose the soundtrack for a workout video. I was approached for the gig by a fitness trainer I met a while back. The video has been shot and I've finished the music, so there should be a finished product soon. My fingers are crossed on this, though, 'cause I've been down this road before and things have always gotten fucked up. Still, I've almost been paid in full (What up, Eric B!) and while it would suck if things didn't pan out, at least I brought in some ducats.

Secondly, I spawned another mix.

Yup. I was possessed by the muse about 2 weeks ago and threw down a really eclectic one this time. It started out as a dubstep comp and then mutated into all kinds of downtempo goodness. There's some dark hop in there, as well as some near ambient pieces and some straight up weirdness.

DJ Abstract 23: The Eventide Mix

01 Ashtech - R.E.M.
02 Off Land - Time
03 Death In Vegas - Rematerialised
04 LKR - Listen
05 The Dustmite - See Into My Face
06 Building Castles Out Of Matchsticks - Days Like Television
07 Tekniq - Get Unchanged
08 Troy Scalpels - When I'm Peepin
09 Witchman - Desert Ill
10 Puzleboy - Out In The Rain
11 Nick Cramer - Organs On The Moon
12 Neotropic - It's Your Turn To Wash Up
13 William Orbit - Water From A Vine Leaf (Underwater Mix Pt 2)



If you'd like to download this inner-tripper along with the rest of my mixes, meander on over to my site and get to work.

Thirdly, Susan the Mighty procured herself a new job. She is working hard (so hard it makes me look like a slouch), but learning lots and feeling challenged. We are still engaged and plan to stay that way for about another year. Come next May we'll put the finishing touches on the whole wedding/marriage thing and then it's on to the next 50 or 60 years...

Keeping this old blood pumpin':

Belladonnakillz - Perverted And Proud
(breakcore and jungle shit done by a guy who sounds like he should be singing annoying freestyle)

Lividity - Used, Abused, And Left For Dead
(play this to impress your girlfriend)

MJ Harris / Martyn Bates - Murder Ballads (The Complete Collection)
(these ain't yo daddy's folk songs)

Various - Silent Season Dub
(these aren't the beats you're looking for)

Final - Guitar & Bass Improvisations Vol 1
(getting to the inner space via the outer space)

1 Comments:

Blogger d. said...

welcome back!

eclectic (yet filtered) is good. makes me miss the DBR DJing days all over again ::wipes tear from eye::

oh but speaking of dubstep, my newest underground hero is moving ninja.
listen here (but don't buy unless you're in the UK, exchange rate will double your price):
http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=25365
http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=33253

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home