Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Gearing up

Come this Saturday I will once again be spinning at Contempt. It's been two months since my last outing and I'm happy to say that I've got a bunch of new tasty down tempo tunes to dispense. The biggest problem (and the problem I always have) is what to bring and what not to bring. I inevitably haul in a huge pile of CDs and then end up using only a handful of them. Some folks are after me to get an IPod, but they don't make them big enough to handle all my stuff. The last count I did on my website put me at a just south of 23000 tracks; besides, I love the feel of a nice CD in my hands.

Kinky, I know.

I need to make an effort and find more places to ply my DJness. I actually had an intriguing dream last night involving the founding of a night where people would pay to DJ whatever they wanted for an hour. Upon conscious consideration, however, I realized that this would be a tricky proposition. The folks might be crappy mixers and chances are you'd see a HUGE amount of turnover, crowdwise, as each DJ finished their set. I suppose you could make some attempt at an overall flow by finding out what everbody was going to spin and then arranging it appropriately, but who knows if even that would work?

And who would host it?

Anyway, I hope a bunch of you New York folks will come out and hear me do my thing. There's a $5 cover charge if you download a flyer from the Contempt website. If you're too lazy to snag a flyer, you'll play $7 instead. I know that extra $2 is killer, but suck it up.

Stuff that won't get played on Saturday (maybe...):

Alec Empire - Squeeze The Trigger
(hyperbeat madness for the man behind DHR)

Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon
(roar! grrr! arrgh! oh, almost forgot, Satan too)

Dead Can Dance - Into The Labyrinth
(amazing work by this spectacular duo)

Beef Terminal - The Grey Knowledge
(a starmap to all the sad places)

Madonna - Erotica
(come on; it's a classic)

>One glass turned into another bottle last night, so...
0 days offa da sauce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home