Thursday, May 04, 2006

I love the smell of exhaust in the morning

Now that the weather has turned to the warm and nice, I've decided to get some morning bike rides in. Hopped on my machine at 6am this morning and did myself a sweet 20 miler. I pedal a route that takes me over the Brooklyn Bridge, across Chambers Street and then up the West Side Highway to 125th Street. Then I turn around and head home. There was a headwind on the way out, so I was only cruising at about 18mph. However, since headwind turns to tailwind when you turn around?

21 to 23mph on the way back.

All told, I road for a little over an hour and felt really good. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't that enthused when the alarm went off this morning, but I went ahead and rode anyway and I'm glad I did. Hopefully all this physical activity will keep me from indulging too much in the firewater...

This bike looks like my baby.


Drop da beat:

Danger Doom - The Mask And The Mouse
(Danger Mouse + MF Doom = the shit)

Junkie XL - Radio JXL: Broadcast From The Computer Hell Cabin (7AM Dance)
(can't seem to get this one out of my head)

Entombed - Left Hand Path
(metalhead tested, Satan approved)

Bowery Electric - Beat
(mellow moves ya)

Duke Ellington - The Duke: The Essential Recordings
(3 discs of jazz perfection; 15 years of mastery)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home