Thursday, June 01, 2006

Onward, upward

Two days to go.

The folks I work with took me out for dinner and karaoke as a lovely farewell. Friday is my last day here in Jersey City and then I'll be moving on to a new assignment on Monday. I'll be downtown again (aw, yeah) and it seems like the new job will be pretty intense; lots of development to do and maybe some new technologies to learn. As geeky as it sounds, I'm especially excited about the latter.

In a strange way, I'm glad this is happening right now. I feel like starting something brand new (a clean slate approach, as it were) will be very helpful, given all that's been going on lately. A new beginning may put all of the lingering issues in perspective. Or perhaps it's just that it will be nice to have something that's not already fucked up. I can attack it on my own terms.

Very empowering, no?

Power on the hour from:

Monsiuer Leroc - Le Slow Motion Boogie Woogie
(acid jazz/funk inflected downtempo confections)

Puracane - In Limbo: The Lost Puracane Sessions
(a bunch from the vaults)

Various - Comfort Stand Sampler
(uberquirky DIY tunes from some talented bedroom musicians)

Skalpel - Konfusion w/ Konfusion - 1958 Breaks
(can't get enough of the two talented Poles)

Various - Digging Down 01: An Exploration Into Mush Records
(lickle bit o' hip, lickle bit o' hop, nonstop headnod rock)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's interesting. I've been working in the Wall Street area for almost two months now.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home