Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tale o' the mellow fellow

It's been a busy two and a half months since I sat down behind the decks and churned out a mix. Admittedly there have been a few abandoned attempts, but last weekend the stars aligned correctly.

I tend to go on about how difficult creating a set can be, what with all the music choices I have, but this time I was fairly certain I wanted to do a chillout mix somewhat in the vein of Midnight At The Velvet Club. So I pulled out about 60 CDs from my collection and whittled them down to about 70 minutes of prime downtempo-ness. For the most part, the mix is a major mellow-out, but there are a couple of upbeat sections that break it up nicely. Welcome to DJ Abstract 21: Late Night Fable Mix.

01 Bonobo - Noctuary
02 Skalpel - Break In (Backini Remix)
03 Alif Tree - Enough
04 Lamb - Trans Fatty Acid (Kruder & Dorfmeister Session Mix)
05 Branestorm Productions - NoOnes Lost
06 Ordio - 3 In 1
07 Aphilas - Lifelong Fiction
08 Blunted Minds - Lushen's Revenge
09 Sifu Beats - Taiten
10 Sub City - I Remember Everything
11 Bowery Electric - Passages
12 DJ Cam - Gangsta Shit
13 Sofa Surfers - Sofa Rockers (Richard Dorfmeister Remix)
14 Fat Jon The Ample Soul Physician - Where
15 Peace Orchestra - Domination
16 Portishead - Interlude



It's actually been a bit of a musical reawakening for me of late. I've contributed a couple of Abstract Audio Systems loops to Austere's Zen Machine project and plan to toss them some Bonechurch loops as well. I also got PAID for a bit of soundtrack work that the aforementioned Austere guys put together. They used some of the tracks we did together on evergone and were kind enough to send me some of the resulting moolah.

Great guys.

I've also been throwing together some new tracks of my own. One is comprised of loops from the Tapegerm Collective. I just posted it there, so hopefully it should be seeing the light of day in a bit.

So life goes on and goes well so far (knock on wood).

From the Sea Of Holes into the Sea Of Green:

Austere - Mirror
(cause I loves the shiny stuff)

Benny Benassi - Hypnotica
(funk yo butt)

Terminal Sounds System - Compressor
(intestinal rearrangement made simple)

Ellen Allien - Berlinette
(so fressssssssh)

Milieu - Slow Lid Close
(cause da man nose)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home